Shopping malls in Dubai are dedicated to offering customers not just a seamless shopping experience but also a comfortable one. An optimised system of air conditioning (AC) is one of the prime factors responsible for ensuring this. In fact, customers will often refrain from going to malls that do not have an efficient AC.
So, to provide shoppers with a pleasant experience and increase footfall in your mall, it is crucial to know which AC is used in malls.
Which AC is Used in Malls?
Shopping malls and all other commercial centres in the UAE deploy industrial-grade ACs known as Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems. If you are looking to deploy an efficient HVAC system in your shopping mall in Dubai, then you need to take a look at these types of HVACs to know which AC is used in malls.
- Single Zone HVAC: A single-zone HVAC system is a type of AC used in malls that have multiple building areas. So, if your shopping centre requires similar levels of heating, ventilation, and cooling in all of these areas, then a single-zone HVAC system is the best option. However, if there are individual requirements for these separate areas in your shopping mall, then you can also install a control system for your HVAC. If you are wondering which AC is used in malls in Dubai, then you should know that it is usually the single-zone HVAC.
- Multiple Zone HVAC: On the other hand, a multiple-zone HVAC system is equipped with differential temperature controls for each area of a shopping centre. For example, if your shopping mall has a separate section for fresh meat and fish, it would be better to have a lower temperature and more ventilation in that area. Hence, with a multiple-zone HVAC system in such a mall, you can ensure that shoppers are provided with optimal comfort regardless of which section of the mall they are in.
- Constant Volume HVAC: For smaller shopping centres, a constant-volume HVAC system is probably more feasible. So, if you have ever wondered which AC is used in malls that are smaller in area, then constant-volume HVAC is your answer. This HVAC system provides a constant airflow across all areas of the shopping centre. On top of that, this HVAC system adjusts the temperatures of each area by cycling the air handling unit on and off. As an owner of a small-medium-sized shopping mall, this type of straightforward HVAC system can be a good choice for you.
- Variable Air Volume HVAC: Last but not least, the variable air volume HVAC system works on a slightly different principle. This HVAC system delivers heated or cooled air to different areas of a mall depending on the requirement. If you have ever wondered which AC is used in malls that are considered environmentally friendly, then you would be surprised to learn that it is the variable air volume HVAC. This is because this system does not change the temperature of the air directly, which helps optimise energy consumption.
Things to Consider Before Using AC in Malls
But before you decide on which AC to install in your shopping mall, here are a few factors you need to consider.
- Efficiency of the HVAC system: Since you have been thinking about which AC is used in malls in Dubai, you should know that the type of AC often depends on the amount of electrical consumption and the heating/ventilation/cooling capacity required.
- Type of Shopping Mall: Most malls in Dubai contain not just shopping centres but areas of entertainment, food and beverages, and more. Before jumping to conclusions about which AC should be used in your mall, you should carefully consider the diverse requirements of these different areas.
- Capital Cost vs. Payback Period: Moreover, to decide which AC to use in malls, you should learn about the tradeoffs between prolonged cooling efficiency and higher initial costs. Before making a choice, you should calculate the payback period. You can do this by comparing the initial costs of HVAC installation with the cost savings due to energy efficiency. If the latter is more than the former, installing the HVAC system can be profitable for your business.
- Lifespan of the HVAC System: In your journey to understand which AC is best for malls, you should also consider the aspect of system longevity. This is basically the life expectancy of your HVAC system. To ensure lower lifetime ownership costs (including servicing, maintenance, and repair), you should opt for a durable HVAC system.
- Flexibility of the HVAC System: To decide which AC to use in a mall, you should also give a fair amount of thought to the possibility of structural changes. For example, building alterations, shopping space expansion, and the addition of shops in your mall can change your heating, ventilation, and cooling requirements. So, you should choose a flexible HVAC system that can adapt to these changes.
- Accessibility of HVAC Maintenance: Another crucial factor you should consider is easy access to skilled HVAC technicians. In fact, if you wish to learn more about which AC is used in malls, then experienced AC service providers can often guide you on the right path.
Which AC is Used in Malls in Dubai?
Even after considering all of the above-mentioned factors, there are certain things you should know before installing an HVAC in your mall in Dubai.
- Age of the Building: Depending on the age of your building and its design, you should consult with an expert HVAC service provider and plan out the installation process.
- Compliance Issues in Dubai: When you think about which AC to use in your shopping mall, you should also consider the building codes and environmental compliance required in Dubai.
- Climate of Dubai: Moreover, ACs used in malls in Dubai need to be specially equipped to handle the extreme climates of the region.
- Budget Constraints: Furthermore, the decision of which AC is used in malls often depends on the balance of initial costs and long-term benefits.
Therefore, the question of which AC is used in malls in Dubai is not such a straightforward one. To know which type of AC or HVAC system is best for your shopping centre, you should consider a variety of factors. On top of that, you must also take into account issues of compliance. By adhering to all these parameters, you will be able to select the right HVAC system for your mall and provide your shoppers with a pleasant and world-class shopping experience.
However, if you wish to take the advice of experts, then we at Al Imran Technical Services are just a phone call away.