If you live in Dubai, you know how important air conditioning is for your comfort and well-being. Dubai has a hot and humid climate, with temperatures reaching up to 50°C in summer and averaging around 24°C in winter. Air conditioning is essential for keeping indoor spaces cool and comfortable, especially in malls where thousands of people visit every day.
But do you know which type of air conditioning system is used in malls and why it should matter to you? In this blog post, we will explain the different types of air conditioning systems in commercial buildings and how they affect the energy efficiency, indoor air quality and environmental impact of malls.
Types of Air Conditioning Systems in Commercial Buildings
According to aircondlounge.com, there are mainly three types of air conditioning systems in commercial buildings:
- Chilled Water System: This system uses water as the medium of heat transfer. It consists of water-cooled chillers, chilled water pumps, cooling towers, condenser water pumps and air handlers. The water-cooled chillers cool down the water to around 6.7°C and circulate it through the air handlers, which cool the indoor air by passing it over the cooling coils. The condenser water pumps circulate water from the cooling towers to the chillers, where it absorbs the heat from the refrigerant. The cooling towers use evaporation to cool down the water by spraying it onto their fins and circulating the ambient air through them.
- VRF System: VRF stands for variable refrigerant flow. This system uses refrigerant as the medium of heat transfer. It consists of an outdoor unit, indoor units and refrigerant piping. The outdoor unit contains one or more compressors that adjust their speed and output according to the cooling demand. The indoor units are fan coil units that can be mounted on the wall, ceiling or floor. They cool the indoor air by passing it over the evaporator coils that contain refrigerant. The refrigerant piping connects the outdoor unit with the indoor units and allows the refrigerant to flow between them.
- Split System: This system also uses refrigerant as the medium of heat transfer. It consists of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit that are connected by refrigerant piping. The outdoor unit contains a compressor, a condenser coil and a fan. The indoor unit contains an evaporator coil and a fan. The compressor compresses the refrigerant and sends it to the condenser coil, where it releases heat to the outdoor air. The refrigerant then flows to the evaporator coil, where it absorbs heat from the indoor air. The fan blows the cooled air into the room.
Which AC is Used in Malls
According to indiaretailing.com, most malls use chilled water systems for their air conditioning needs. This is because chilled water systems have several advantages over other types of systems:
- Higher Efficiency: Chilled water systems have higher cooling capacity and lower energy consumption than other systems. They can cool large spaces with less equipment and less power. They also have lower maintenance costs and longer lifespans than other systems.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Chilled water systems do not recycle air but recycle chilled water. This means that they have fresh air intake and can filter out dust, pollutants and pathogens from the indoor air. They also have better humidity control and can prevent mold growth and condensation problems.
- Lower Environmental Impact: Chilled water systems use water as the cooling medium instead of refrigerant. This reduces the risk of refrigerant leakage and emission, which can harm the ozone layer and contribute to global warming. They also use less electricity than other systems, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions from power plants.
Why it matters in Dubai
Using chilled water systems for air conditioning system in malls matters in Dubai for several reasons:
- Comfort: Dubai has a hot and humid climate that can make indoor spaces uncomfortable without proper cooling. Chilled water systems can provide consistent and uniform cooling for large spaces like malls, ensuring comfort for customers and staff.
- Health: Dubai has high levels of dust, pollution and allergens in the air that can affect respiratory health. Chilled water systems can improve indoor air quality by bringing in fresh air and filtering out contaminants, reducing the risk of asthma, allergies and infections.
- Sustainability: Dubai has a high demand for electricity that can strain its power grid and increase its carbon footprint. Chilled water systems can reduce electricity consumption by using less equipment and less power than other systems
How Al Imran Technical Services can help you
If you are looking for a reliable and professional company that provide mall’s ac repair and maintenance in Dubai , look no further than Al Imran Technical Services. We have over 10 years of experience in providing high-quality air conditioning services in Dubai and across the UAE. We have a team of certified and trained technicians who can handle any type of air conditioning system, whether it is chilled water, VRF or split. We also offer competitive prices and excellent customer service. Whether you need a new ac installation, repair, maintenance or a replacement, we can do it for you.
Don’t let your place suffer from poor air conditioning. Choose Al Imran Technical Services and enjoy the benefits of a chilled water system. Contact us today and let us take care of your air conditioning needs.
Leave A Comment